bresboysmom

My life, as it revolves around the academic, athletic, and social calendars of my boys!

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Lawyers...can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em!

I am a law school graduate, have worked in several law firms, and chose to focus my career on preparing legal hopefuls rather than defending legal challenges. I can honestly say that I truly love the law...I love sharing my knowledge and seeing "light bulbs" go off above my students' heads. I also love to argue a good case...and always encourage my students to defend their point, even when I know I am right. Loopholes exist everywhere...you just have to know where to look and how to look creatively. At least...that's what a defense perspective is like. And while we have precedent to back us up...life happens and sometimes precedents aren't the best solution!

As for my friends who continue to share their best "dead lawyer", "up to his neck in sand", "bottom of the ocean" jokes...I've heard them all. Every attorney I know can tell you more than you know yourself...and ours are funnier! I explain to my students that while people will call attorneys sharks, snakes, and other colorful names, what do you really want on your side when you are in trouble? You want someone who puts your interests first and foremost. You need someone who will advocate for you when no one else does. You need someone to find the loopholes that will protect you--when the law seems to fail. You want a strong, creative attorney to protect and defend your interests.

So...could you imagine a world without lawyers? The Consumer Attorneys of California put together this creative quick look, brought to me by my friends at TrialLaywerTips.com. It is worth a quick watch!!

Click to watch:  TrialLawyerTips.com: Bart Simpson- Trial Lawyer!: "A world without lawyers by Bart Simpson and the Consumer Attorneys of California... A World Without Lawyers - Watch today’s top amazing vi..."

No comments: