bresboysmom

My life, as it revolves around the academic, athletic, and social calendars of my boys!

Friday, August 06, 2010

I am a Twitter-holic...but follow great people!

Hello. My name is Ann and I'm overly connected. I am an admitted online addict--my addictions of choice are Facebook, Twitter, and my bresboysmom blog.  Is this wrong?

While being off in the summer, I enjoy going through and catching up/connecting with all my virtual friends.  Most of my "virtual friends" are also real friends that I know face-to-face...but I also have those "friends" who I've never met, but who inspire me, make me laugh, make me think, or make me want to write.

Today I saw an article from Forbes.com titled, "20 Best Branded Women on Twitter".  It was actually "retweeted" by one of my favorite tweeps! It does identify some interesting women to follow on Twitter, but it made me realize that there were some great women missing from this list. So, I've decided to share my list.  One difference is that my list contains both women and men--people who I like to follow each day to see what interesting news they are sharing!  Check them out--you won't be disappointed! Who do you like to follow?

Bresboysmom's List of Fascinating Follows!

MomentsinMyHead
Libby Lu writes much more than I, and never ceases to inform or entertain me with her Moments in My Head blog.  She and I worked together in Chicago before she moved back to Puerto Rico a year ago.  Since that time, she has expanded her writing to many online publications and has earned well-deserved praise for her work! She says she writes about "random thoughts on life," yet as random as she feels they are, they always seem to hit home for me!

JoviGirl8
My friend Holly is a self-proclaimed ultimate Bon Jovi fan...and I wouldn't argue with her on that!  Holly describes her twitter page as: "ordinary is not in my vocabulary...I prefer Jovitastic!" and she is not kidding!
But she doesn't focus all of her writing on this wonderful band. Holly's tweets focus on inspiring quotes of the day; conversations with TV personalities Chelsea Handler, Josh Wolfe, and any of the Ghost Hunters crew; and anything related to Bacon.  Yes...the food bacon. She and I decided to explore this Twitter world together just over a year and a half ago and we've enjoyed the fun it has added.  Greatest moments...when Dunkin Donuts and Josh Wolfe replied to her tweets!  Always fun to get a response!!

JacKuehl
My friend Jackie describes herself as, "Passionate marketing exec and marketing professor. Outsourced and freelance marketing."  She is a marketing consultant and writes a marketing-focused blog.  I really enjoy her tweets because they are all focused on professionalism--in branding yourself or your business--and offer great tips on how to put your best foot forward.  While she focuses her writing all on business/marketing, I will share with you that she is a lifelong Goo-goo Dolls & Lady Gaga fanatic! Jackie is also one of the "I have the best friends in the whole world" gang!

Amanda_V
Amanda is the person who first introduced me to the idea of Twitter several years ago...and to the idea of starting to put my writing in a blog.  She and I worked together for several years until her family was relocated to Texas.  She writes a very witty blog that she started about her first born daughter, which has evolved into The Girls, which shares stories on life with her girls and family. She makes me laugh, she educates me, and she points me to good information--like the Forbes article which spurred this blog post!  I truly enjoy reading what she has to share!

KeyWestInfo
Boomer is the man behind the Key West Info Center and would love to help you plan your Key West vacation! I have gotten great advice/ideas/tips from him when planning trips to Key West, Fla.  He also posts regularly about events and news in the Keys--so I consider him more than just a travel-agent-type of guy.  If you are considering travel plans to the Keys, definitely get in touch with Boomer!

EarthCafe
Earth Cafe Living Foods is a Los Angeles-based company that I hope enters the Chicago market! This company lives by the saying, "See Life, Know Life, Find Life, Live Life, Taste Life, Join Life" and tweets regularly about healthy living. I always look for it's insightful tweets--and I always learn something about food, nutrients, and healthy living. From its Twitter site, Earth Cafe states, We create Award Winning organic, GF/raw/vegan cheesecakes! Sharing thoughts on life, love, health & interesting tidbits! We're available in 19 states. While they are not yet in Illinois, they are located in Wisconsin and Indiana--and I do plan to visit one of their locations soon! Even though I cannot say I live a vegan lifestyle, I still find their tweets extremely helpful in my daily life! Definitely worth checking out!!

HockeyPlayerMag
This online magazine offers great information and videos for hockey players and parents. My son, the hockey player, is always looking for training videos on YouTube.  After introducing him to Hockey Player Magazine, he has found their "channel" and now looks to this source for good tips and fun videos! Plus, as a hockeymom, I have found great articles on this site! Whether you're a player or parent, it is definitely worth looking at!

YouthFitnessMag
This online magazine is created by Doug Hix and focuses on helping parents navigate the competitive world of youth sports. There is so much useful information here, I don't know where to begin to describe it! Great articles from knowledgeable writers and athletes--whether your child is just starting out in sports or looking for college recruitment opportunities, this magazine is filled with information you need to know to find success! One of my big favorites!

These are just some of my favorite Twitterbugs to follow...who do YOU follow?

1 comment:

Libby Lu said...

Thank you for the shoutout, Ann!! You're the best!

XOXO