It's that time of year again...time to get back to the football fields and hope I capture that magical photo! I recently posted an article about what makes the best photo for your young athlete on my Momarazzi Treatment blog, and thought I'd share my story here also. One of my momarazzi friends is a fabulous action photographer--she also has the lens I envy, so she gets a bit more into the shot than I can! And while I love those great action shots, I find myself gravitating to those "feature" shots that tell a greater story--the sidelines.
Those times that the players don't know you're looking...they think they are not in the "heat of play" so perhaps no one is really watching them. And yet...this is when I find the most emotion of the game come out. Whether two players are contemplating their next round on the field or simply enjoying a moment of success, their faces or body language often tell a bigger story.
While I didn't capture my mighty eagle punching the ground after a missed tackle, I do love the sideline photo with some boys smiling, some contemplating, and some who seem to be questioning...almost makes you want to ask your player, "what were you talking about/thinking about here?"
No comments:
Post a Comment