My viking warrior and his peewee major team have once again secured their spot for the Wolves' Cup Championship Game! Last year's experience was truly magical...the "pomp & circumstance" the Inwood Ice Arena and the Jaguar hockey organization provides is something everyone should experience! To have the chance to do this again this year...well it is downright amazing.
Our season has actually been a decent one! We ended our peewee gold division in 2nd place--and while many felt this team should have earned a spot at the elite level, rather than gold, they honestly weren't playing at that level during our seeding round. We ended up where we should be...and thankfully everything worked out well.

I am a hockey mom to the core--to me there is nothing better than taking photos of each of the players and capturing their incredible moments! I don't mean to brush off my love for football or baseball...but there is something about hockey that stirs a real passion in me. And while I always want for my viking warrior to do his best, I find myself truly appreciating the incredible talent his teammates have. I have even come to appreciate talent on opposing teams--a goalie who can make amazing saves; a forward who can stickhandle the puck down the ice, through a sea of defensemen; and those defensemen who make clean, well done checks and recover the puck. And I am proud to say I found myself gaining perspective and abilities on practicing "civility" during our playoffs this past week!
Tomorrow we face the Evanston Wildkits in the Wolves' Cup/NIHL Championship game. While I want badly to have our team win this game, I can honestly say that I am thrilled just to have my son make it to this point. But this team of Vikings has pulled themselves together over the past few months, and they've demonstrated that they earned this spot this weekend. I am so proud of all of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment