I recently realized that so many of the young athletes I've had the privilege to take photos of over the past few years have decided to use one of the photographs that I've taken of them as their FB profile photo. I am so honored that these kids like my photos and that they want to use them in their social network! And I am also proud that I've been able to capture so many great moments these young athletes have experienced!
This past fall I had the opportunity to take photos at a widget football game (players were 6-8 years old) that occurred before the Varisty game. One in particular that I really liked was capturing the referee congratulating a young widget on a great run/touchdown! My fellow momarazzi, Becky, suggested I submit this to the Canon website where Archie Manning was judging a youth sports photo contest. Shortly after submitting, I received a wonderful email from Archie Manning, complimenting my photo! I did not win the contest, and in hindsight, perhaps everyone who enters a photo gets an email from Archie Manning...but I like to think otherwise!
I absolutely love photography. I am not the best out there, by far...but I have learned so many techniques and tricks of the trade from my fellow momarazzi Becky and from Coach Glenn. To them, I say "thank you" for all you've taught me! I hope to continue to learn and improve...and maybe one day I'll be able to afford that fancy 2.6 lense that I drool over everytime Becky takes it out!! One can dream...
No comments:
Post a Comment