This weekend was a pivotal weekend for me...not only did my oldest complete his Confirmation (officially being recognized as an adult in our church) but my young mighty viking went off to Detroit for a hockey tourney--without me!

My oldest bresboy is officially taller than me, his voice is much lower than it used to be, and he is registered for high school. He's growing up...and it's all happening too fast! When did this happen? I still remember them both so small? When my little mighty viking left for his hockey tourney yesterday, I felt so sad...as though he were getting on the school bus for the first time! He left with a wonderful family, no worries about that, but playing in a tournament when neither his father or I are there is something I wasn't prepared for--emotionally, that is.

In the end, yesterday was a great day! My oldest had a beautiful ceremony at church. His shining moment, to him, was the fact that he truly is officially taller than me! He loved this fact and was even happy to take photos to have evidence of this fact. My youngest called me last night to tell me about his game--the mighty vikings won 6-1! But the best part of my conversation was when we were getting off the phone, and with all his friends in the background, he said, "I love you, mom"...be still my heart! All my uncomfortable feelings of having him gone for the weekend without us went away...and I believe it was simply because I knew he was still thinking of us (ok, me!!).
It was just yesterday when they were sitting on the couch, letting me take their photo...stopping the touching and screaming for just a few moments! This world is spinning so fast--it is hard to believe how much they've grown in such a short time! And I am proud of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment