I found this on Pinterest, that new place people "pin" the things that inspire them, they love, and that they question. I LOVE this one because it shares such a simple point. Life is short...share your passion.
For years I have been telling my students to be sure they find their passion and follow it. I may have started out in the law, but I learned quickly that "sharing" the law was more satisfying to me than "practicing" the law. I took a very large pay cut to make that change some 20+ years ago, and I'd do it again today.
Fortunately, for my paralegal and pre-law students, every aspect of life is governed by the law, so finding a job that follows your passion is possible. And while our economy is still struggling, I believe it is possible for anyone.
If you love to write...blog; contact a local community newspaper and contribute; contact a non-profit organization and volunteer your time to assist with grant writing. If you love to photograph...ditto to all the previous points plus, seek out local youth organizations and offer your services to them. If you love to work with children or the elderly, seek out non-profit organizations in your area where you can volunteer your time. If you enjoy coaching...your community no doubt needs help with their youth sports organization! If you love to work out...consider starting a group within your neighborhood or at your local community sportsplex/healthclub where you can help others looking for a work out buddy or mentor. If you love accounting/taxes...seek out local VITA programs (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) and offer your services.
I recognize my suggestions are all "volunteer" opportunities; but you will realize how helping others can truly inspire your inner passion. And sometimes, if your lucky, what you do for others is recognized...and may just lead to a new professional opportunity!

No comments:
Post a Comment