bresboysmom

My life, as it revolves around the academic, athletic, and social calendars of my boys!

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

November...a month of thankfulness!

As we begin the month of November, I am reminded that this is the month we celebrate those things we are most thankful for during the past year.  One of the things I've tried to do the past few years is post one thing I am thankful for, each day on Facebook.  I admit, as we get further into the month it becomes more challenging to come up with real, honest things I am thankful for.  In the end, I do admit to being thankful for things like green peppers, to which I am addicted!

So I begin my list with this...I am eternally thankful for my family.  By family, I can easily list immediate family members, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc...but today I begin with my husband, two bresboys, and my mighty dog Max.

I am thankful that my husband is patient with me. We balance each other out, and he helps me see reason when I want to only feel emotion.  We don't always agree, but he makes me think...which is a priceless gift to give someone!  He doesn't like being the topic of discussion in my online world, so enough about him.

I am thankful for my oldest bresboy, who feels comfortable sharing his life with me.  I know he keeps parts of his life private, but all in all he is honest and open about his successes and challenges.  He talks to me and for that I am grateful!

I am thankful that my youngest bresboy always thanks me for doing things for him.  I know both boys appreciate what I do, but he thanks me for the simplest of things, and it is just so nice to hear! 

I am thankful for my mighty dog Max, who keeps me comfortable and safe.  I never worry about the crazy people in the world when I am in my home or walking my dog...he is, above all things, a guardian to our family.  He may not always "talk" as quietly as we'd like (or our neighbors would like), but he has our best interests in mind.

I am blessed to have men in my life who are patient, who communicate, who appreciate me, and who's goal in life is to protect me.  This is my family...and I am eternally thankful for them!

No comments: