So I injured my back/spine. I have a disc that is bulging or doing something else it is not supposed to do, and therefore I am stuck in awkward positions of bedrest...and the vicadin and valium aren't doing a thing to take away this pain.
So...in comes the t.v., to help take my mind off pain and hopefully relax me...maybe these drugs will finally kick in. First of all, in the middle of the afternoon, the only choices I have are 24 different judge shows--and Real Housewives of Atlanta, New York, and whereever real housewives live. While I am thinking that real housewives live in my area, I am hoping they do not live too close to me! While this Atlanta version of the show is almost unbearable, it keeps me watching just so I can begin to count how many times they show these housewives with a glass of wine in their hands.
Gathering with friends, ok. I get that. At a boutique trying on clothes, well, ok, maybe some fancy women get served goblets of wine while trying on $1,000+ clothing. BUT, while driving in her white mercedes convertible??? Really, a goblet of wine while driving in this car down the street??? I think I've reached my limit, and then a catfight breaks out and I have to watch more. Now I'm watching the "reunion/recap" version of this show (kinda like the after the rose ceremony show) and it is something else.
Why do we do this to ourselves? Why are we interested in the creative trash that ends up getting on the airwaves? Clearly, there are more people like me who are actually interested in this stuff. What it tells me, in order to be a "fancy woman of style", I need to get myself some good pinot grigio and drink from a goblet, not a wine glass. Not that my girlfriends and I don't enjoy this idea...but we all have lives. Maybe that's what this really is...these "Real Housewives" just need real lives. I am just amazed...and waiting for some quality tv shows to come on tonight...where's my Closer and Medium??? (and my husband could write an entire blog about those shows!!). Luckily, he won't write a blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment