bresboysmom

My life, as it revolves around the academic, athletic, and social calendars of my boys!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Did you ever have one of those days, one where it is 11:00 am and already you are exhausted from arguing with someone over email! Why is it that we are so eager to say things over email that we might not otherwise say face-to-face? What's with this heightened sense of authority and drama that comes with the ability to hide behind our words and speak out against what we perceive as being so wrong--but if we were face-to-face with these individuals would we find ourselves saying the same words?
I wonder...I'd like to think I would, but I know myself and know that I tend to be one of two extremes. Either, I am the one trying to smooth things over, ease people into calming down a situation. OR, I'm the one fighting for the "little guy", protecting "my people", so-to-speak. So, if given the chance to say the same things, would I? I wonder...
Right now, it is frustrating that I sit feeling tired and sick over the anger and angst that has gone back and forth...and over what...nothing that truly matters.
So, that is my day today...

No comments: